Fundamentals of Statistics - Interactive Course
by Global Finance School
Date first available at Amazon.com: November 6, 2011
1 used & new from $19.00
(Visit the Hot New Releases in Education & Reference list for authoritative information on this product's current rank.)
Review & Description
This Statistics course is an important and useful tool for making decisions in most areas of activity, including in your professional life. Unfortunately, statistics is regarded as a difficult and complex subject, and many students shy away from it.
Fundamentals of Statistics transforms the daunting world of statistics into a usable and useful tool. This e-book is presented in a simple and clear format that makes statistics and its related theories easy to understand.
1. To introduce students to the fundamental concepts and methods of statistics, focusing on descriptive statistics, elementary probability and random variables.
2. To approach probability and statistics through real-world examples, utilizing data and events common and meaningful to the students, including current events, social issues and culturally relevant topics.
3. To describe the measures used in statistics, including mode, average, median and standard deviation, and their implementation in statistical models.
4. To provide understanding of the Normal Probability Distribution and the Normal (Bell) Curve, including calculating probabilities and working with standardization techniques.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1879 in Software
- Brand: Global Finance School
- Format: DVD-ROM
- Dimensions: 7.25" h x 10.75" w x .55" l, .25 pounds
- Fully interactive, easy language, comprehensive explanations
- Suitable for those with no previous knowledge
- Plenty of animations, videos, examples, illustrations and charts
- Quizzes and review questions for self assessment
- Human voice over