Learnet Physics My Own Lab
by Schoolnet Network Learning
Platform: Windows NT / 2000 / 95 / 98
Date first available at Amazon.com: July 18, 2011
Buy new: $99.99
2 used & new from $74.95
(Visit the Hot New Releases in Education & Reference list for authoritative information on this product's current rank.)
Review & Description
Physics My Own Lab is a virtual laboratory for students, where they can explore the wonders of Physics at the own pace. It is packed with 19 exciting curriculum-based interactive experiments and activities. Each activity is supported by relevant scientific theory validated by subject experts and can be run many times with multiple input and output facility.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1381 in Software
- Brand: Made with Macromedia
- Platforms: Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98
- Format: CD-ROM
- Activities - The graphically illustrated activities, modelled on real-life scenarios, are completely interactive. Inputs for the activities can be set through type-in boxes, sliders, buttons and user-moveable elements. On running the activity, the output can be observed as animations, dynamic graphs and numerical values.
- Instructions - Elaborate step-by-step instructions, including tips for particular inputs that would give interesting results, accompany every activity.
- Theories, Formulae & Numerical Examples - Relevant theory clearly explaining and demonstrating the concepts underlying the activity has been provided. Additionally, formulae and solved numerical examples reinforce the concepts covered.
- The Activities: Vectors, Linear Motion, Free Fall, Projectiles 1, Projectiles 2, Newton's Second Law of Motion, Law of Gravitation, Collisions, Oscillations, Archimedes' Principle, Buoyancy & Floatation, Fluid Statics, Pascal's Law, Concave Mirrors, Convex Mirrors, Plane Mirrors, Convex Lens, Concave Lens, Ohm's Law