DIVE for Saxon Physics
by DIVE-Digital Interactive Video Education
Date first available at Amazon.com: July 20, 2011
1 used & new from $49.90
(Visit the Hot New Releases in Education & Reference list for authoritative information on this product's current rank.)
Review & Description
This CD teaches every lesson in Saxon Physics (textbook sold separately) step by step. A syllabus or weekly assignment chart tells students exactly what to do every day. There are typically 3 lessons, a lab, and a test each week. Students start each lesson by watching the video lecture, taking notes and working several practice problems interactively with Dr. Shormann. After the lesson students complete the homework set in the Saxon text. If the student misses or forgets how to do a problem, they simply click on the DIVE lecture that concept was taught in and have it re-taught to them. Better than giving them the answer, it gives the student the opportunity to apply what they just learned, increasing long term retention. The Saxon Physics Solutions Manual (sold seperately) works every problem step by step. Purchase of this DIVE CD entitles you to a free Q&A Email Service with the instructor. In addition to the weekly tests, student also take a quarterly exam every 8 weeks. This is an important part of preparing students for college exams that are usually infrequent and cover a large amount of material. You can watch demo lessons and a video about how to use DIVE Science on our website at www.DiveIntoMath.com or call us 936-372-9216.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #1387 in Software
- Brand: DIVE Science
- Format: CD-ROM
- Digital Interactive Video Lectures and Labs Teach every lesson in Saxon Physics
- Contains a Syllabus, Daily Video Lectures, Weekly Video Lab, Digital Workbook and Lab Manual with Video Solutions to Lab Exercises, Quarterly Exams, and Grade Calculator.
- Taking notes and working practice problems interactively, students learn at their own pace.
- This course is an Advanced Placement (AP) Physics course. Use our CLEP Professor for Physics, a three week course which prepares students to earn up to 8 hours of college credit by exam.
- Free Q&A Email Service with instructor, Dr. Shormann, who has been teaching math and science for over 15 years. He holds a BS and MS from University of Texas in Aerospace Engineering and Marine Chemistry and a Ph.D from Texas A&M University. He is an exellent teacher with numerous nominations to "Who's Who Among America's High School Teachers".