Thomson Reuters EndNote X5 Student for Windows 5
by Thomson Reuters
Platform: Windows 7 / XP / Vista
Date first available at Amazon.com: July 2, 2011
5 used & new from $114.54
(Visit the Hot New Releases in Education & Reference list for authoritative information on this product's current rank.)
Review & Description
Millions of researchers, scholarly writers, students, and librarians use EndNote to search online bibliographic databases, organize their references, images and PDFs in any language, and create bibliographies and figure lists instantly. Instead of spending hours typing bibliographies, or using index cards to organize their references, they do it the easy way-by using EndNote! And EndNote Web is included with EndNote so you can collaborate with others easily. Search bibliographic databases on the Internet: Using EndNote's Connect and Search commands, you can search Internet databases just as easily as you can search your EndNote library on your computer. Simply open any of more than 4,300 predefined connection files and you're online and searching. Access hundreds of remote bibliographic databases, including Web of Science, Ovid, PubMed, the Library of Congress, and university card catalogs from EndNote. Connect to data sources worldwide-EndNote provides MARC formats that support native language libraries around the world. Search remote bibliographic databases using EndNote's simple search window.Export references directly from Web of Science, Highwire Press, Ovid, OCLC, ProQuest and more. Save and load search strategies at the click of a button. Drag and drop references between EndNote libraries in one simple step. No additional importing required. Collaborate using EndNote Web: EndNote Web, the Web-based component of EndNote, makes it easy to collaborate with colleagues and students.With EndNote Web you can: Transfer references between the Web and your computer using the EndNote Web section in the Groups panel. With EndNote X5, you can even transfer file attachments and figures. Cite references from both EndNote and EndNote Web in a single paper. Organize your own publication list for the free ResearcherID community-view personal citation metrics in ResearcherID, complete with dynamic links to Times Cited detail from Web of Science.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #772 in Software
- Brand: Thomson Reuters
- Model: 5225
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Platforms: Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista
- Format: CD-ROM
- Original language: English
- Dimensions: 7.50" h x 5.50" w x .50" l, .30 pounds
- In EndNote, bibliographic data is entered into a record There are 46 customizable reference types, covering a variety of materials from Ancient Texts to Web Pages, each with up to 52 fields for entering references and linking to PDF and image files.
- Group references: Create custom groups, including smart groups that update automatically as references are added to a library, for instant access to subsets of references.These main and sub-groups can be re-arranged at any time
- Create instant bibliographies: Locate citations with Cite While You Write(patent pending) technology. Watch the bibliography appear as you insert citations in your manuscript. Include multiple bibliographies
- Track cited references in Microsoft Word: A traveling library of cited references follows the Microsoft Word document. When you're ready to send your paper to colleagues, the references travel with it.
- EndNote will locate and download full text for you- EndNote scan for full text available to you. When the full text is found, EndNote downloads and links it to the appropriate reference automatically