DIVE Integrated Chemistry and Physics Instructional CD-ROM
by DIVE-Digital Interactive Video Education
Date first available at Amazon.com: July 20, 2011
1 used & new from $49.90
(Visit the Hot New Releases in Education & Reference list for authoritative information on this product's current rank.)
Review & Description
Math Prerequisite: Pre-Algebra Completed or Taking Concurrently. There are typically one to two lessons per week. Here is what a typical week looks like: Day 1- The student completes the assigned reading and defines assigned terms. Day 2- A Video Lecture is watched while the student takes notes and works interactively along with Dr. Shormann. Next, they complete their Review Questions Worksheet and grade it using the video solutions that work each problem step by step. Day 3 Another reading assignment and definitions are completed. Day 4 The second lecture is watched, Review Questions are completed and graded. Day 5 The student watches the video lab, taking notes and working in their lab manual. The video labs are very zoomed in and taught directly to the student. The student is expected to write observations, calculations, diagrams, etc in their lab manual. Every 8 weeks there is an exam. . This is a stand alone curriculum that uses our Free Internet Textbook to complete required reading assignments. If you prefer a traditional textbook we recommend Bob Jones Physical Science or Physical World. We have a reading syllabus for these textbooks, as well as many more on our website so you know exactly which pages to read each week. Because we have a reading syllabus for most public school texts, many Christian and public school families use our program to give their children a Creation perspective on science and to insure their students are learning the information required to excel in their school courses. Visit our website to view Demo Lessons and our YouTube video about how to use DIVE Science at www.DiveIntoMath.com or call us 936-372-9216.
- Amazon Sales Rank: #11126 in Software
- Brand: DIVE by Dr. Shormann
- Format: CD-ROM
- Complete Digital Curriculum Teaches 9th Grade Science from a Creation Worldview. Includes every thing you need for a full year course for only $49.90.
- A 32 Week Course with Syllabus, 1-2 Weekly Video Lectures, 1 Weekly Video Lab, Digital Workbook and Lab Manual with Video Solutions to Every Problem, Quarterly Exams, Glossary, and Grade Calculator.
- A Free Internet Textbook is included. If you prefer a traditional text, you can use Bob Jones or any other textbook. A Reading Syllabus is provided for each textbook so you know exactly which pages to read in your textbook.
- This Introductory Physics and Chemistry course is excellent preparation for biology, chemistry, and physics.
- Free Q&A Email Service with instructor, Dr. Shormann, who has been teaching math and science for over 15 years. He holds a BS and MS from University of Texas in Aerospace Engineering and Marine Chemistry and a Ph.D from Texas A&M University. He is an excellent teacher with numerous nominations to "Who's Who Among America's High School Teachers".